Leelanau Peninsula's Sleeping Bear Dunes Named
"Most Beautiful Place in America"!
The Leelanau Peninsula is located in the Northwest corner of Michigan's Lower Peninsula. Surrounded by water on three sides, the Leelanau Peninsula offers a wide variety of recreation, attractions and culture. Here are just a few ideas:
- Wind through the county's beautiful roadways for a winery tour.
- Ride your bike on miles of dedicated trails.
- Hike through the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore with spectacular views of Lake Michigan.
- Spend quality time with your family at Empire beach
- Play a game of chance or see a concert at the Leelanau Sands Casino.
- Wander the shops and galleries of Suttons Bay, Glen Arbor or Northport.
- Catch your limit of Salmon on a Charter Fishing Trip.
- Explore Historic Fishtown or watch the sunset in Leland.
- Take the ferry out to the Manitou Islands for the day.
- Dance the night away at the Cedar Polka Festival.
- Take the kids to the Great Lakes Children's Museum.
- Learn about the ecology of Lake Michigan onboard the Inland Seas Schoolship.
- Pick your own cherries at a local farm.
- Go boating on Glen Lake or Lake Leelanau.
- Ski at the Homestead Resort.
- Attend a play at the Northport Center for the Arts.
The list is endless. No wonder the Leelanau Peninsula is a favorite family vacation destination! Those of us fortunate enough to live or work here enjoy the beauty of Leelanau every day.
The Leelanau Peninsula Chamber of Commerce has the mission of enhancing the economic well being of Tourism, Business, Industry, Agriculture, and the Arts, while striving to preserve the amenities of the Leelanau Peninsula. The Chamber also acts as the Visitor Information Center for Leelanau County providing visitors, residents and people interested in relocating their home or business with any information they may need.
Thank you for visiting our website and please contact us with any questions or comments. For directions to the Leelanau Peninsula Chamber of Commerce offices, please click here.
Free Internet Access in Leelanau County
If you need access to the internet while visiting the Leelanau Peninsula stop by the Leelanau Chamber offices - we have free wireless access for you!